A two hour session that has specifically been designed for people working in reception roles and other non-clinical staff in dental practices.
This introductory-level safeguarding programme will provide participants with the ability to effectively recognise potential abuse, report any concerns they may have and, if required, take other appropriate actions.
Safeguarding Children, Young People and Adults Level 1 Outcomes
By the end of the programme participants will be able to:
- Outline the key legislation and guidance surrounding the safeguarding and protection of children, young people and adults
- Define the different types of abuse
- Outline the key indicators of abuse and neglect
- Explain their specific responsibilities regarding the reporting of concerns
- Detail the specific actions to take in the event of suspected abuse.
All of our dental practice specific safeguarding programmes are CPD Accredited and meet the requirements for The General Dental Council's Development Outcomes and the British Dental Association's expectations for training. All participants will receive a CPD accredited GDC compliant certificate as evidence of their learning. Our training has also been designed to comply with the Care Quality Commission's Regulation 13: Safeguarding service users from abuse and improper treatment.